Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wow!!Look at all of the weeds

Today Mom and I were out weeding our vegetable garden, mostly the bean row , when I said to her: " Wow, I think this is the most weeds we have ever had!" She cracked up and informed me that this was nothing compared to the days when our garden was literally half of our yard. I don't remember this because I was maybe three. I do remember the time when I knocked the baby birds out of the nest in the field outback and we all dug and burned to look for worms to feed the one surviving bird. I'm pretty sure it died because I don't remember finding any worms or the bird eating anything. This wouldn't have happened if my older brothers hadn't told me that there was a birds nest out there and then told me that a monster would eat me if I went into the field. HI! Like I was going to miss the opportunity to see a whole bunch of baby birds! I blame it all on them.
I also remember Mom making us pull weeds as a punishment. I hated doing that.
Anyway, all of the side story's in this entry were not the point. The point is that I have obviously not worked in the garden for along time to think that the apparent minimal amount of weeds that have sprung up in little clusters all over our garden (according to where the drip line lies) is alot. I have enjoyed the fruit of others labor. Ha, and I liked it! Is that just awful of me to say? I hope not.

No comments: